Bank of New Zealand
BNZ: BETTER BUILDINGS, BETTER WORKPLACE CULTURE
From the beginning, an inclusive workplace culture was a key part of the BNZ’s strategic vision. Its new buildings express a commitment to environmental sustainability as well as staff well-being. Open and transparent spaces foster a sense of community and improve the way people work together.
To achieve the vision, I needed to get buy-in from 2,500 staff from multiple locations in 2 cities and keep them up to date during all stages of the project.
The change management activities I led included:
- Establishing and leading various internal and external stakeholder structures and affiliated groups
- Regularly communicating via meetings, workshops, presentations, print and online
- Designing and facilitating workshops on culture development and alignment
- Evaluating and implementing improved business processes to align with new environment and culture
- Leading and mentoring internal transitional change teams to ensure philosophies, values and agreed processes continued into the future